Thursday, February 24, 2011

We made it!



Thanks to all my generous family, friends, and complete strangers, we have collectively raised over $3,000 all of which will directly benefit CARE Australia's projects in Vietnam. The tour group together has raised more than $25,000.

I am overwhelmed and humbled by your support.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I fly out tomorrow at 6.00 am! I can't believe that the day has finally arrived. When I booked this trip I was full of bravado. Now I feel like the most selfish mother and partner in the world. And, as my very sensible friend Bronwyn pointed out, I am unlikely to have a life-changing experience. However, I hope  I will go someway to finding me and who I want to be in this world.

J

2 comments:

  1. Worst case scenario: you may or may not find yourself, but you will be able to do a bit of shopping! I believe that retail therapy is a partial key to the world of self enlightenment. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! I have tried to donate twice but they won't accept my French address even though I select the right country. I know I'm a bit late but everything counts right??? Damn - you can sort it out when you get back :-)

    ReplyDelete