Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 5 - A day of R&R in Hoi An

We had a day 'off' today. Some people on the group decided to do the 'guided' tour of the town. Some of us just did the Lonely PlanEt walking tour. Most people in the group had clothes tailor-made. I couldn't find any fabrics I liked, but I happily followed along for pattern and fabric selection and fittings. The work was so fast and of such great quality.

One place I did love was a handcraft workshop staffed by handicapped people. I am trying to mostly buy from craft collectives and places like this,. All the artists and shop assistants were so attentive and so very proud of their work.

We finished the day with cooking school and a fashion parade of all the tailored clothes. Lovely.

I am trying wrestle the photos. I have managed to get them from the camera to the iPad. Now I am trying to figure out how to get them From The iPad to the blog. Standby for retrospective pics if I can manage it.

Love and kisses

Jxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you needed a day off from all the action! Looking forward to viewing your bounty!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete